Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's a boy! December 14, 2010

We had a doctor appointment yesterday and got to see the baby again.

Following his daddy's example, the baby started by mooning us right away, which was actually a good thing because it enabled us (at least Kalen and Dr. Price - I had no idea what I was looking at ;-)) to know what "kind" the baby is... And yes, you all should know it by now... It's a boy!!!! John Wayne Emhof is going to be such a great kid! ;-) (Mom, don't worry, I'm kidding... it's not going to be the name of the baby).

Heart beat is still really good (and there is only one, promise); the baby is growing big and strong; we could see his little fingers (the one thing I was actually able to figure out on the screen); and he has grown quite a bit! (if you have seen my belly lately, I'm sure you had guessed that beforehand).

The mommy (if anybody is interested in that part :P) is doing well too. I'm having my 16th week blood work next Monday, but so far everything is looking good. I have gained.... *drumrolls*... 15 pounds!!!! And if anybody wonders, it is apparently totally normal :D The nurse was actually really happy with me and said that at that point I am supposed to gain one pound a week, which is exactly what I have been gaining! (By the way, I was considering fasting some this week, so I won't gain my weekly pound, but then I have two pounds to gain for Christmas... Brilliant, isn't it?!). Oh. And 15 pounds equals 6.8 kilos, if anybody is wondering! The nurse would not write me a note to talk about how good I've been about my weight... sorry, I tried! :)

The daddy is doing good too! Though he is so far not embracing all of mine (and Melissa's) brilliant ideas for names... I have a feeling this is going to be a long process! The good news is that Kalen still weights more than me (yes, he has gained some sympathy pounds!!!!); if I keep stuffing him, maybe we can keep this 5-pound difference going on for a while (I'm counting on everybody's contribution to stuff him over the holidays. Thanks. I appreciate your help!). :D

Next appointment is January 14th. It will be our next check-up, but also the anatomy ultra sound when they are going to thoroughly check the baby (take measurements, count the numbers of toes and fingers, double check it's a boy, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment