Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's bouncing!

Since last week, not only does our little one enjoy kicking his mommy's belly, he also seems to be enjoying bouncing all around immensly. It still surprises me to see my belly move all around, go up and down, and get kicked by little feet and hands at the same time, but I must confess that I love it. It is definitely one of the most precious things I have experienced with this pregnancy. Knowing that he is in there, moving around, having some fun, just makes every day so much better. Also, he seems to know exactly when I wake up at night and in the morning, and always makes sure to give me a little kick before I get out of bed.
I am definitely enjoying this time of the pregnancy, and at the same time I cannot wait to meet our little one! I may have no idea what he looks like, but I still feel like I already know him so well.

We also had another doctor's appointment yesterday. I say "we", though for the first time ever I was the only one to go to the doctor. It's not that my sweet husband did not want to go, but he had been sick for the past couple of days and did not want to get everybody around sick too. The check-up went very well. My weight gain still seems to be under control, and I passed the glucose test last Friday so that made me very happy. The baby's heartbeat was still good, though it was not always easy to hear because he was moving around so much :)
Apparently, from now on we have to have a check-up every two weeks... which makes all of this even more real and closer, I guess. There are days when I'm ready to panic, thinking of all the things that still need to be done (have I mentioned that my father-in-law has decided to redo our kitchen?), and there are days when I'm just ready for the baby to come out. I guess that's pretty classic when the third trimester is just around the corner :)
I think it's about time to pick up a name for the little one... Benjamin Scott Emhof is definitely my favorite, though it's still open for debate. We will see what the daddy decides :)

No comments:

Post a Comment