Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Latest Baby Check-up...

... or how to make your doctor freak out.

So, on Monday we had our bi-montly baby check-up. To be honest, I've been feeling pretty good (as good as you can with all that additional weight to carry), and have not had any health issue since the beginning of the pregnancy (and praying for things to continue to go well and smoothly).
The one noticeable thing is that I'm getting big, pretty big according to some. This is definitely not something that worries me, but it is apparently of concern to our doctor. I got the usual measurement part on Monday and apparently I measure like a 33-week pregnant woman while only being 30 weeks pregnant. I've always been a little ahead, so it did not feel like a big deal to me, but my doctor started to freak out some about it. First, she asked me if I was eating a lot of carbs and sugar (I have gained weight, I can't deny it. But I do think it's mostly baby-related), which I don't think I am. But, to make her happy, I told her I would watch my sugar and carbs intake. Secondly, she asked if it would be ok to have a measurement ultra-sound at our next appointment. Again, this is fine with me; I was expecting another utra-sound in the last weeks anyway.
The thing that I'm not sure of is why the baby being bigger should be of such concern? I mean... Yes, I may have to "pop out " something big; but as long as I'm prepared for it and am aware of what is coming up, I believe things should be ok... If anybody has any thoughts on this or experience to share, I'd love to hear from you!

Anyway, my husband and I are pretty confident that everything is going well. My husband is even more convinced now that the baby will come early (he is predicting May 22nd), and so is most of his family.Also, we will see what happens in two weeks and what the doctor thinks about the measurement ultra-sound. There is one sure thing for us: the baby being big will not be an "excuse" to get a c-section. Whatever his size may be, this baby (and us) is going to experience a natural childbirth. That's our story and we are sticking to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment